News Agencies Feed :

    British Chariot to Transport Larache Gas Using Maghreb-Europe Pipeline

    Chariot owns 75% of the Anchois project, with Morocco’s ONHYM controlling the other 25%.

    08 Sep 2022

    Casablanca - The British Africa-focused energy group Chariot has announced signing a “Tie-in” agreement with Morocco’s National Hydrocarbons and Mines Office (ONHYM) to secure access to the Maghreb-Europe Gas Pipeline (GME).

    The deal inked with ONHYM will allow Chariot to transport gas from Morocco’s Anchois wells off the coast of Larache to several potential buyers via the Maghreb-Europe gas pipeline, the British company indicated in a statement on Wednesday, September 7.

    “This agreement moves CHAR a step closer to delivering first gas from the Anchois gas field to potential customers,” said Pierre Raillard, director of Chariot’s Moroccan subsidiary.

    “Anchois is a highly strategic asset and given the continued volatility of global energy markets and its proximity to the Maghreb pipeline, we are well placed to bring gas online as quickly as possible,” he added.

    Following the release of findings from the recent and successful drilled Anchois-2 appraisal and exploration well, Chariot announced on July 20 that it has considerably increased its gas resource estimate within the Anchois field.

    This increase in recoverable resources is approximately 4 trillion cubic feet (Tcf), said the British company.

    Chariot currently controls 75% of the Anchois project, with Morocco’s ONHYM owning the other 25%.

    The British company launched the first Anchois-1 gas finding in 2009 under the Lixus license signed by ONHYM through its fully owned subsidiary Chariot Oil & Gas Holdings (Morocco) Limited.

    In June this year, Chariot awarded a Texas-based Schlumberger and the UK-based Subsea 7 a tender for preliminary feasibility studie on the Anchois gas field, with the aim of accelerating the exploitation of recently discovered offshore gas reserves.

    moroccoworldnews

    Stock Market

    Index

    Value

    Change

    Open

    MADEX

    9 209,87

    0,82 %

    9 135,23

    MASI

    11 329,76

    0,81 %

    11 238,86

    FTSE CSE

    10 269,41

    0,50 %

    10 218,62

    Contact US | © 2020 All Rights Reserved